The mission of the Public Works Department is to ensure the maintenance and improvement of the city’s existing infrastructure. In Mille-Isles, this involves three sectors: road maintenance, maintenance of parks and green spaces, and maintenance of municipal buildings and equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance of paved and gravel roads as well as municipal parking lots;
- Carry out operations related to street maintenance, such as: street sweeping, signage and pavement marking.
Parks and green spaces
- Carry out maintenance and repair of park equipment;
- Maintain and repair the various playgrounds;
- Maintain the green spaces;
- Maintain the municipal skating rink.
- Ensure the maintenance of municipal buildings: town hall, community hall, municipal garage and barracks, skating rink chalet.