The Municipality of Mille-Isles acquired an automated alert system (AAS) to quickly and efficiently reach the population in emergency situations. This system immediately sends a voice message, a SMS (text message) or an email according to your preferences, during a disaster or an emergency situation.
A simple gesture to ensure your own safety, that of your family and the protection of your property.
What is an emergency situation?
- Land movement;
- Transport accident involving hazardous materials;
- Major building fire;
- Spill or leak of a product posing a health hazard;
- Containment or evacuation notice.
How will you be alerted?
- The automated alert system will send voice messages, text messages or emails to the phone numbers and emails you have registered according to your preferences;
- When you pick up the phone and the system receives a sound from you (e.g., hello), the message will start after a few seconds, so don’t hang up;
- Each number receives three call attempts unless you can leave a message on a voice mailbox before the fifth ring.
Click here to obtain the AAS registration process.
What you need to know when you register:
- The contact information registered on the AAS will not be used for telemarketing purposes or sold;
- It is possible to enter multiple phone numbers (home, cell and work), specifying the order in which you wish to be reached;
- Fixed (landline) phones are eligible for voice messages, and cell phones are eligible for voice messages as well as SMS (text messages);
- Signing up is easy and only takes a few minutes!
Do you know anyone who doesn't have an Internet connection?
- Register this person yourself if they request it;
- Ask this person to call the municipal office to register by dialing 450-438-2958, Ext. 2600.
Why register to the AAS?
- Essential: Urgent situations that require to reach you instantly are events that pose a threat to your safety.
- Precise: The AAS allows to target a specific area depending on the situation. For example, for a flood or a wildfire, it will be possible to transmit a message in a neighbourhood or in certain streets affected by the disaster.
- Practical: Wherever you are, you will be informed by the means of communication of your choice.