One of the challenges of the Municipality of Mille-Isles is, without a doubt, the concerns that citizens have regarding safety on the road. In order to respond to citizens’ concerns, the Municipality provides a traffic management request form.
This form allows citizens to identify a problem with regard to traffic management and to request the implementation of moderation measures for the safety of road users.
The four step process:
- The application must be filed by a citizen residing in Mille-Isles;
- The applicant must complete and sign the Traffic Management Application Form;
- The form must be sent to the Public Works Department at 1262, Mille-Isles Road, Mille-Isles (Quebec) J0R 1A0 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The request will be analyzed by the Public Works Department in order to assess the problematic area and verify the need for intervention.
Treatment process if there is a need for intervention:
- The Public Works Department will prepare a justification and feasibility study to be submitted to the general management for analysis;
- Following the analysis, the general management will submit a recommendation to the municipal council;
- If the municipal council approves the recommendation of the study project, the Municipality will take charge of the promotion and implementation of the traffic mitigation measures adopted.