This section provides the information you need to exercise your right to vote or run for the municipal election of November 7, 2021.
Who can vote?
To be a qualified elector, you must:
- be 18 years old on polling day,
- on September 1, 2021, meet these conditions:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- not be under curatorship;
- not have been found guilty of an offence that is a corrupt electoral practice.
And at that same date (September 1, 2021), you must meet one of the following two conditions:
- be domiciled in the municipality and have resided in Quebec for at least six months;
- have been, for at least 12 months, the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment located on the territory of the municipality.
Your home is not located in Mille-Isles?
You may be eligible to vote if you own an immovable or if you occupy a business establishment in the municipality since September 1, 2021.
You could have this right if you are, for example:
- owner or co-owner of an immovable;
- owner or co-owner of a cottage or secondary residence;
- occupant or co-occupant of a business establishment.
To exercise your right to vote, you must send an application for registration to the electoral officer. See the notice to sole owners and undivided co-owners of an immovable.
The form varies depending on the person making the request:
- An elector who is not domiciled but sole owner of an immovable or occupant of a business establishment located within the territory of the municipality must submit form SMR-9.2;
- Co-owners of an immovable or co-occupants of a business establishment must designate a single person among themselves, using the proxy SMR-9.1, to be entered on the list of electors.
The application for registration or power of attorney remains valid until it is replaced or withdrawn.
President of election
Mr. Pierre-Luc Nadeau
1262, Mille-Isles Road,
Mille-Isles (Quebec) J0R 1A0
Am I registered?
To verify your registration on the list of electors, you can visit the elections Québec website or contact the Chief Electoral Officer at 1 888 353-2846 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, to vote, you must be registered on the voters list.
All persons whose names appear in the Register of Electors will be automatically entered to the list of electors. They will receive a voter information card in the mail prior to the advance polls.
Please note that it is important to verify the data appearing on this card. If you find an error or if you have not received the card, we invite you to follow the steps mentioned in the notice published by the electoral officer.
What to bring to a vote?
To vote in an election, you must be on the voters list and show one of the following pieces of identification:
- Quebec health insurance card;
- Quebec driver’s license;
- Canadian passport.
It is suggested that you bring your vote reminder card received in the mail.
Documents and the official list of candidates for the November 7, 2021 general election will eventually be available on this page.
Submit your candidacy for the 2021 municipal election:
You will be able to submit your nomination papers between September 24 and October 8, 2021.